This is the third recipe in our series of low carb recipes. This one is also taken from Eating Plan, 21 Day Fix by Beachbody. So if you liked the Hearty Beef Stew with Butternut Squash, you may want to give this one a try!
1 tsp. olive oil
1 1/2 lbs. raw 93% lean ground turkey
1 medium onion, chopped
1 medium green bell pepper, chopped
3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
1 1/2 tsp. ground cumin
1 Tbsp. chili powder
1/2 tsp. sea salt or Himalayan salt
1/4 tsp. cayenne pepper (to taste, optional)
2 15 oz. cans black beans (or pinto beans), drained, rinsed
1 15 oz. can all-natural diced tomatoes, no sugar added
12 fresh cilantro sprigs, finely chopped (for garnish, optional)
- Heat oil in large saucepan over medium-high heat.
- add turkey, onion, bell pepper and garlic; cook, stirring occasionally, for 5-8 minutes, or until turkey is no longer pink.
- add cumin, chili powder, salt, and cayenne pepper; cook, stirring constantly, for 1 minute.
- add beans (drained and rinsed) and tomatoes (with liquid). Bring to boil. Reduce heat to low; gently boil, stirring occasionally, for 15-20 minutes, or until thickened.
- Serve warm, sprinkled with cilantro.