This is the second recipe in our series of low carb recipes. This one is taken from Eating Plan, 21 Day Fix by Beachbody. Give it a try and let us know what you think!
Hearty Beef and Butternut Squash Stew
1 tsp. olive oil
1 1/2 lbs. raw lean beef stew meat, boneless, cut into 2-inch cubes
1 medium onion, chopped
1/2 green bell pepper, chopped
1/2 red bell pepper, chopped
4 cloves garlic, crushed
2 medium tomatoes, chopped
1 cup low-sodium organic beef broth
1 bay leaf
1 tsp. sea salt or Himalayan salt
1/2 tsp. ground black pepper
2 cups cubed butternut squash
1/4 cup chopped fresh flat leaf parsley
- Heat oil in large saucepan over medium-high heat.
- add beef; cook, stirring frequently, for 4-5 minutes, or until beef is brown.
- add onion and bell peppers; cook, stirring frequently, for 4-5 minutes or until onion is translucent.
- add garlic; cook, stirring frequently for 1 minute.
- add tomatoes, broth, bay leaf, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low, cook, covered, for 40 minutes.
- add squash; cook, stirring occasionally, for 8-12 minutes, or until sauce has thickened and beef is fork-tender.
- remove bay leaf; serve topped with parsley.